Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Turkey Day in Hog Town

If there's anything more fun than travelling cross country for three days, it's travelling cross country for three days while everyone else is doing the exact same thing. Thus we found ourselves in Toronto for Thanksgiving. It was Rebecca and Rami's first visit there ever and my first appearance in my hometown for over a year. Anyway, some doofus forgot to pack the camera for the trip (he was too busy studying the bio of Marlies goalie J.F. Racine) so we don't have many pictures.

Fortune smiled upon us the entire way on this journey. The sun was shining, temperatures were balmy, the pork buns on Baldwin Street were divine (sorry, I was supposed to warn Jewish readers to avert your eyes) and the Singapore Noodles at el Swatow were as tasty as ever. Rebecca and Rami even got to go their first ever pro hockey game. (Rebecca particularly enjoyed the quaint AHL tradition of dropping the gloves at a face off before play has started.)

We stayed at my sister's house and at one point, the whole family gathered for portraits.


In the back that's Rami, me, my mom Phyllis, my sister Charlotte, her husband David and their son Denny passed out on his parents' lap. In front are my brother Dave, his wife Lisa and my niece Ella. Guess Rebecca was behind the camera.

Rami got along well with his new Canadian near relatives, especially Ella Bella.

Rami also took a liking to the Rose/ Wiseman family dog. Jazz hates having his picture taken because it reduces the amount of time he can spend ransacking the kitchen looking for any food that hasn't been nailed down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at me I'm using the internet!
Thank you for making this blog Ben, and hopefully my rollerblades won't get lost in the mail.
- Denny